CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) Complete Bundle
What is an Exam Voucher?
A CompTIA exam voucher is a unique code that will enable you to take your exam at an authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider. Exam vouchers are used similar to a gift card. For example, employers often use vouchers to pay for their employees’ exams or parents may purchase vouchers for their children.
Exam Voucher Details
- Vouchers are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- One voucher is applicable towards one exam at an authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise noted.
- You must register and take your exam prior to the voucher expiration date.
- Voucher expiration dates cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Certification exam retirement dates supersede voucher expiration dates. CompTIA may retire certifications and corresponding exams prior to voucher expiration dates.
- Visit the CompTIA website for certification exam information, including exam launch and retirement dates.
- Vouchers are country and currency restricted.
Exam Retake Details
- For voucher purchases that include a retake, if you fail the exam on your first attempt use the same voucher to register and retake the exam.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, expire 12 months from the date of purchase, unless otherwise noted.
- The retake is only valid for the same exam version that you failed. You cannot use the retake for a different version of the exam.
Additional Order Information
- Order information will be emailed within 3 - 4 hours from purchase.
- You will receive two emails. The first email will be your order confirmation and the second email will include your exam voucher, the voucher expiration date and voucher terms and conditions. Check your spam, junk and promotional folders.
Redeeming Your Voucher
- Redeem your voucher to schedule your CompTIA certification exam on the Pearson VUE website.
What is CertMaster Practice?
CompTIA CertMaster Practice is an online knowledge assessment and training companion tool to help you prepare for your CompTIA certification exam. Featuring an adaptive question-first design, CertMaster Practice quickly assesses what you already know and what you still need to learn. For those topics where you need more support, CertMaster Practice provides personalized remediation and feedback. Once you’re ready, you can demonstrate your knowledge on a timed practice test complete with performance-based questions.
- Speed-up learning
- Increase retention
- Build confidence
- One CompTIA CertMaster Practice for Linux+ (XK0-004) license
- Once activated, CertMaster Practice for Linux+ (XK0-004) is valid for 12 months
How to Access CertMaster Practice
An access key and instructions will be sent after your purchase is complete.
You may then login anytime at https://www.comptia.org/training/certmaster-practice/login
What is CertMaster Learn integrated with CompTIA Labs?
CertMaster Learn is a self-paced, comprehensive online learning experience that helps you gain the knowledge and practical skills necessary to be successful on your CompTIA certification exam, and in your IT career. A Learning Plan helps you stay on track with your studies, while robust analytics bring awareness of strengths and weaknesses.
CompTIA Labs make it easy for you to practice and apply your skills in real workplace scenarios in preparation for the certification exam. All lab activities use real equipment and software, are based on scenarios found in the workplace, and align with CompTIA exam objectives.
When purchased with CertMaster Learn in a bundle, CompTIA Labs are integrated as Study Tasks within the Learning Plan, accessible through a single login and seamless workflow.
- Lessons cover all exam objectives with integrated videos
- Hundreds of practice questions test your knowledge
- Performance-based questions apply what you’ve learned in a scenario
- Lab activities use real equipment and software to develop hands-on skills
- Flashcards ensure you know the terminology and acronyms required for the exam
- The Learning Plan keeps you on track with your studies
Lesson 1: Performing Basic Linux Tasks
Lesson 2: Managing Users and Groups
Lesson 3: Managing Permissions and Ownership
Lesson 4: Managing Storage
Lesson 5: Managing Files and Directories
Lesson 6: Managing Kernel Modules
Lesson 7: Managing the Linux Boot Process
Lesson 8: Managing System Components
Lesson 9: Managing Devices
Lesson 10: Managing Networking
Lesson 11: Managing Packages and Software
Lesson 12: Securing Linux Systems
Lesson 13: Working with Bash Scripts
Lesson 14: Automating Tasks
Lesson 15: Installing Linux
Performing Basic Linux Tasks
Managing Users and Groups
Managing Permissions and Ownership
Managing Files and Directories
Managing Kernel Modules
Managing the Linux Boot Process
Managing System Components
Managing Packages and Software
Securing Linux Systems
Working with Bash Scripts
- One license provides access to CertMaster Learn for Linux+ (XK0-004) with CompTIA Labs integrated throughout the course
- Once activated, the license is valid for 12 months
How to Access CertMaster Learn integrated with CompTIA Labs
An access key and instructions will be sent via email after your purchase is complete.
You may then login anytime at https://learn.comptia.org/login
About CompTIA Linux+
The new CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.
CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers. Unlike other certifications, the new exam includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job. The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
The new exam has an increased focus on the following topics: security, kernel modules, storage & visualization, device management at an enterprise level, git & automation, networking & firewalls, server side & command line, server (vs. client-based) coverage, troubleshooting and SELinux.
For the latest CompTIA Linux+ exam information regarding availability, version and pending retirement, please visit https://www.comptia.org/certifications/linux