CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) Basic Bundle
What is an Exam Voucher?
A CompTIA exam voucher is a unique code that will enable you to take your exam at an authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider. Exam vouchers are used similar to a gift card. For example, employers often use vouchers to pay for their employees’ exams or parents may purchase vouchers for their children.
Exam Voucher Details
- Vouchers are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- One voucher is applicable towards one exam at an authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise noted.
- You must register and take your exam prior to the voucher expiration date.
- Voucher expiration dates cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Certification exam retirement dates supersede voucher expiration dates. CompTIA may retire certifications and corresponding exams prior to voucher expiration dates.
- Visit the CompTIA website for certification exam information, including exam launch and retirement dates.
- Vouchers are country and currency restricted.
Exam Retake Details
- For voucher purchases that include a retake, if you fail the exam on your first attempt use the same voucher to register and retake the exam.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, expire 12 months from the date of purchase, unless otherwise noted.
- The retake is only valid for the same exam version that you failed. You cannot use the retake for a different version of the exam.
Additional Order Information
- Order information will be emailed within 3 - 4 hours from purchase.
- You will receive two emails. The first email will be your order confirmation and the second email will include your exam voucher, the voucher expiration date and voucher terms and conditions. Check your spam, junk and promotional folders.
Redeeming Your Voucher
- Redeem your voucher to schedule your CompTIA certification exam on the Pearson VUE website.
What you’ll learn
Designed for self-paced learners, the Official CompTIA Linux+ Study Guide (XK0-004) has been developed by CompTIA for the CompTIA certification candidate. Rigorously evaluated by third party subject matter experts to validate adequate coverage of the exam objectives, the Official CompTIA Linux+ Study Guide teaches the essential skills and information required for the CompTIA certification exam.
In this guide you will configure, operate, and troubleshoot Linux systems. You understand how to:
- Perform basic Linux tasks.
- Manage users and groups.
- Manage permissions and ownership.
- Manage storage.
- Manage files and directories.
- Manage kernel modules.
- Manage the Linux boot process.
- Manage system components.
- Manage devices.
- Manage networking.
- Manage packages and software.
- Secure Linux systems.
- Write and execute Bash shell scripts.
- Automate tasks.
- Plan and perform a Linux installation.
Accessing the eBook
eBooks are delivered through the Official CompTIA Self-Paced Study Guide eReader. This platform gives browser-based access to the full content with bookmarking, search, and annonation features. You will receive an access key and full instructions for accessing the platform within 3-4 hours of purchase.
Pub. Date: 2019-04-01
Author(s): Jason Nufryk, Damon Garn
About CompTIA Linux+
The new CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.
CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers. Unlike other certifications, the new exam includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job. The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
The new exam has an increased focus on the following topics: security, kernel modules, storage & visualization, device management at an enterprise level, git & automation, networking & firewalls, server side & command line, server (vs. client-based) coverage, troubleshooting and SELinux.
For the latest CompTIA Linux+ exam information regarding availability, version and pending retirement, please visit https://www.comptia.org/certifications/linux